Stan Savage is a 24-year active member of 100 Black Men of America: South Metro Atlanta Chapter. He is a 30-year retired law enforcement officer, having attained command level status with the Atlanta Police Department as a Major. With both the 100 Black Men of America and the Atlanta Police Department, Stan has remained active in community service initiatives and excelled in the areas of strategic security special event planning and coalition building. He currently serves as Director of Parking and Traffic Management with the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena.
Stan is also a member of NOBLE (The National Organization for Black Law Enforcement Executives), and the South Fulton County Advisory Board for United Way of Metro Atlanta. Stan also serves as a Board Member and Director for the Jordan D. Savage Foundation; a non-profit started posthumously in honor of his late son that supports Lupus awareness, and active sports and educational engagement for metro Atlanta youth. He has served in numerous capacities with community and advocacy roles with Georgians for Gun Safety, the Lupus Foundation, My Brother’s Keeper, Georgia Appleseed, and several others.
In addition to District Representative, Stan has served the 100 Black Men of America as Security Director for the past 20 years. As District Representative, Stan has worked with Chapters collectively and individually to promote their overall effectiveness with youth programs and community outreach.
A few of examples of these engagements include:
- Coordination and hosting of several District leadership summits
- Chapter collaboration with stakeholders to support positive engagement with youth and law enforcement
- College visitation coordination with 100 youth
- Collaboration and public awareness to chapters for job fairs and training opportunities such as grant writing
- Collaboration for HBCU awareness and opportunities for 100 BMOA and local area youth
- Chapter visits and special event attendance
- C-100 assistance and voter engagement collaboration
- Serves on Glynn County GA Police advisory task force (post Ahmad Arbery shooting death) with NOBLE representing 100 BM.
- Savage Family scholarship and chapter support initiatives
Stan currently resides in Fayetteville, GA with his daughter and 2 grandsons. He enjoys golfing, motorcycling and RV visits to various state parks.